Last updated on 15 December 2021
These Content Rules (Rules) apply to you as a Publisher and all Publications distributed via Scriber technology on your behalf. Scriber reserves the right in its sole discretion to determine whether, and to what extent, a Publication breaches these rules. Scriber reserves the right to terminate or suspend a Publication and/or the Publisher from using Scriber in accordance with the Content Distribution Agreement if the Publisher breaches these Rules.
The purpose of Scriber’s technology is to empower writers to build their own newsletter subscription business. Scriber serves writers who aim to add value to their subscribers and improve society at large, by sharing their insights, perspectives, and analyses. Please be respectful of these objectives when you write as a Publisher using Scriber.
While writing your Publication you must:
- take reasonable steps to ensure the accuracy of any facts you state as such; and
- ensure that any opinion you offer is honestly and genuinely held by you.
Complaints against you by your own Subscribers
- You may name your Publication whatever you like, subject to the principles in these Content Rules, but must publish newsletters in your own name, which must be the same as the name associated with your account.
- Scriber may disclose your personal details in the event of a claim against Scriber by a third party that any Publication distributed on behalf of the Publisher is inconsistent with these Rules. The Publisher hereby understands and consents to Scriber disclosing its personal details to a third party if a complaint has been made against that Publisher.
Your Publication must not:
- be misleading, untrue or defamatory about any person or organisation;
- falsely claim to be written by someone else or an organisation you do not validly represent, or give a misleading impression that it is linked with or sanctioned by any third party;
- contain unlawful, offensive, threatening, inflammatory, abusive, hateful content, or material likely to incite hate against any individual or group;
- be unlawful or advocate, promote, incite any third party to commit or assist any unlawful or criminal act;
- disclose any personal information (other than information that is already publicly available) in respect of any individual other than your own name, age and location. Personal information is private contact information that is not publicly available and can be used to identify a person or contact a person;
- infringe any copyright, database right, trademarks or other rights of any other person (i.e. proprietary information belonging to someone else, which the Publisher has not lawfully subscribed to acquire);
- breach any legal duty owed to a third party, such as a contractual obligation or a duty of confidentiality;
- be in contempt of court or otherwise interfere with on-going court proceeding or law enforcement investigations;
- constitute harassment or bullying of any person;
- promote glamorise or incite terrorism, or contain a statement which is a direct or indirect encouragement or inducement to the commission, preparation or instigation of acts of terrorism by anyone; or
- contain or transmit any spam, malware or virus.